So my idea is this:
- There are no official windows 7 driver for some ACER laptop model. So base on my experience one driver can be use with other model. Example we have webcam driver for Acer Aspire 4740G and it also work with Acer Aspire 4745.
Notice that sometime ACER provide more then 2 driver software for webcam. Suyin and Chicony is the most famous. Base on my experience with Acer aspire 4520 and 4530, both driver worked.
So try it and report the feedback here:
Acer webcam For windows 7 :
reported work on:
Acer Aspire 5570Z Acer Travelmate 6292
Acer Aspire 4925G Acer Aspire4715z
Acer Aspire 7720G Acer Aspire 4715z
Acer Aspire 4920
Acer Aspire 2920
Acer Aspire 5738ZG
Acer Aspire One 532h
Acer Aspire 6530
Acer Aspire 5738ZG
Acer Travelmate 6291
Acer Aspire 5536G
Acer Aspire 5720
Acer Aspire One AOA110/150
Acer Aspire 4730z
Acer Aspire 4520
Acer Aspire 5630
Acer Aspire 5520G
Acer Aspire 4715Z
Ok maybe there are 2 person have the same model but one work and the other not. I strongly recommend before the installation, right click on the setup file and select run as admin.
After the installation finish also run the webcam application as admin.
Acer Crystal Eye webcam 7.96.701
Orinially vista reported work in 7 using compatibility mode install.
still working on the link =)
USING VISTA DRIVER:
Another way is to install using your VISTA driver.
What i always did for people or person from tech support who asking for my help, (personally visited me) is by using the original vista driver. Go to acer support site, download the vista driver and install using compatibility mode.
1. Download the vista driver.
2. Extract and right click on setup file and select PROPERTIES.
3. Select Compatibility tab.
4. Select "run this program in compatibility mode for"
5. select windows vista. APPLY and CLOSE
6. Right click again on the drivers and select run as admin.
7 After the installation finish (if successful) right click on the shortcut and select run as admin.
8. If failed, right click on the shortcut - properties and compatibility - set to windows vista.
If you cannot find your vista drivers ,
leave your comment with your model, ill try to assist as much as i can, you can also try your xp driver (i never test webcam yet but for wireless i found some of them work just fine)
Sometimes, we have a hard time with this kind of problem and this also happened to me, even with all the experience i have (5 years), sometime i have to spent weeks for test with many version of the drivers. There are a case where no success for 2 week and i just reinstall the GRAPHIC/VGA driver (i uninstall it to teach someone to install graphic driver). After that the webcam driver installation success... feel bad is it? u just need to reinstall the graphic so that u can install the webcam.
give your feedback in comment section below, it could help others too.